Started in 1946 Raymond G. Sands began his glass business in a refurbished gas station. The business grew steadily over the years and in 1983, Ray Sands sold the thriving glass business to Frank and David Burns. Natives to Rochester the Burns continued to build the business based on Sands’ original principles of integrity, exceptional customer service, and community. Expanding the growth of the business even further over the next decades with a new shop located on Chili Avenue and one in Canandaigua.
Since 1946, Ray Sands Glass has earned a superior reputation with its affordable glass products for residential, commercial, and automotive applications. Proudly standing behind all their products and craftsmanship. In 2016, Ray Sands was named to the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle’s Rochester’s Choice Awards for the 15th year in a row.