As your windows age, it is almost unavoidable for there to be seal failure. Seal failure makes it possible for moisture to get in between window panes and create that foggy or wet appearance that you can’t get to go away by wiping your windows down. Overtime, the cloudy spot becomes bigger, denser, and more prominent.
The appearance isn’t the only bad thing about seal failure, however. A failed seal reduces the window’s insulating capability, thus allowing cold air to come in and making your heating bills increase. Here at Ray Sands we can help you with your foggy glass repair by getting rid of that foggy/wet appearance and increasing your window insulation quality.
The leading causes of seal failure
- Deterioration: Due to exposure to water
- Surplus of heat: A lot of windows with seal failure are directly exposed to sunlight for long periods of time
- Old age: Unfortunately, even with good care, seals don’t last forever
- Repetitive movement: Glass windows or doors that are constantly being opened and shut can cause the seals to become dislodged over time
- Mistakes during manufacturing or installation
How to tell if your windows are suffering from seal failure
If your window seals fail, you may see one of three things: Nothing, a cloudy spot, or what looks like dirt buildup. When a window seal originally starts having issues, there is not much to see. However, over time as the seasons change and the harsh elements of summer and winter are exposed upon your windows, moisture will begin to build up between the window panes and you will not be able to get rid of the moisture. The foggy/dirty appearance will show and then disappear here and there until it is ALWAYS noticeable. If you are having any issues like the ones we described above, call us today before too much damage is done to your windows so we can repair your foggy glass!
Benefits of foggy window repair process through Ray Sands Glass
We have a state of the art foggy window repair process that rapidly removes any moisture from between the window panes and keeps it clear for good. You don’t have to worry about the hassle of the time or cost that comes with getting your windows replaced because our foggy window repair process is quick, affordable, done on-site, and doesn’t have to involve replacing your windows. The benefits of going through Ray Sands to repair your foggy windows include:
- Quick and non-disruptive to your home life
- Saves you valuable time and money compared to replacing your windows
- Improves insulating ability of your windows
- In the long run, it keeps your energy costs low and home repair costs to a minimum
Don’t wait any longer to get help with your foggy windows. They could cause a lot more damage than you might think. Let us help you and give you the right information for your foggy window repairs. Receive a free and honest quote from us before we get started on your project.